Last updated on September 26th, 2016 at 09:56 pm
We will be focusing on Redhat Linux flavor as it is the most famous Linux version available.
i know some of you thinking “wait you are using CentOS not Redhat” yes, let me clarify this, if you talk about the functionality there is no difference between Redhat and CentOS Linux
only the difference is Redhat is charging some money for the technical support and CentOS is 100% free community based Operating System managed by its users and developers online.
More About CentOS.
Note:- At the time of writing this tutorial CentOS-7 is available, so we will use the most recent Edition.
CentOs is an open source OS delivered by Worldwide community of developers. It is a completely upstream release of RHEL 7 its free to use and share.
CentOs 7 has been released on Monday , 7, July 2014 . CentOs 7.0 EL is available for download, it has many new features and bug fixes.
Read Below Major Changes in CentOs-7
As with every first major Release most of the packages have changed and have been updated to more recent versions. It would exceed the scope of this document to list them all. Most notable changes are:
- With New Kernel 3.10.0 update
- Linux Containers Support is available
- Open VMware Tools with 3D graphics drivers out of the box
- Default JDK is OpenJDK-7
- In Place Upgrade from 6.5 to 7.0 (as already mentioned)
- Ext4 and XFS LVM-snapshots
- Switch to systemd, firewalld and GRUB2
- Default file system is XFS
- iSCSI and FCoE in kernel space
- Support for PTPv2
- 40G Ethernet Cards Support
- Supports installations in UEFI Secure Boot mode on compatible hardware
Order your DVDs
How to Download CentOs-7
If you are looking to download CentOs 7 ISO image please follow the below links :
Download CentOS 7.0( 64-bit ) ISO
Step – 1:
Go to https://centos.org